Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Padrone Peppers with Pickled Vegetables

It's Padrone Pepper season again! I wrote about these lovely peppers last year and last week was the first time I had seen them this year so I snatched them up. I knew they wanted a simple preparation but I wanted to add something more. I thought spicy, fried peppers and pickled veggies seemed like a natural combination. Tossing the hot peppers with the Sotto Aceto (below vinegar) vegetables, I got spicy and tart with crunch and savory-ness. Amazing and fun side dish!

Fried Padrone Peppers with Pickled Vegetables

15 padrone peppers
2 cups pickled vegetables
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt

In large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add peppers and toss to coat. Cook for 7-10 minutes, tossing every couple of minutes to allow the sides to brown/burn evenly. Remove from heat and salt well and toss with pickled vegetables and serve.

Hugs!

Recipes currently inspiring me:

Zucchini and Linguine with Bacon Corn Pesto at Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
Morning Glory Muffins at Ladyberd's Kitchen
Fried Green Tomatoes with Shrimp Remoulade at Closet Cooking

1 comment:

Reeni said...

I've never had this type of pepper Kirsten! I will have to be on the lookout for them. Thanks for the shout out on my corn pesto!