Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Enjoy the View!


This is the breathtaking view from the lighthouse at Point Reyes Station in Marin County, CA. My roommate and I went there two Sundays ago and even though there were 25 mph winds (very very windy!) it was still amazing.

You're looking at Drake's Bay, as in, Sir Francis Drake who landed here in the late 1500s, several hundred years before Lewis and Clark crested these hills. I never knew! That's what happens when you grow up 3,000 miles away.


I'm really high above this beach, those are 40-50 foot cliffs, even though they look like little sand dunes. Those waves were stories high, meaning 10-20 feet tall. I wish I could have been down on the beach to see them. A couple of times I was afraid that I was going to land down there on account of the strength of the wind!

If you come to visit me, I can promise this gorgeous scenery and some amazing oysters!

Love and Hugs!

No comments: